Thursday 15 January 2015

Powtoons--the first try!

A useful tool for making slides for L2 Class


This is my first time to use Powtoons. It is quite interesting. I tried to use it to make some slides of introducing some useful language for agreeing. As my audience are usually secondary school students, I chose a style which is not so childish. I think this tool can be used as a instead of Powerpoint, and it is easy to share it online, which means students can get it easily. 
I think this tool is also can be used by students to complete some tasks like giving presentation of what they have learned in a text. It also a simple tool for students to make some short cartoons that are related to their language study, like advertisement and travel plan.
However, there are still some problems need to be deal with. 
1. You need to sign in (off course it is free for basic use)
2. When I edit it, it's difficult to find where to add music into it.
3. After finish it, you can share it in Facebook, Twitter and Google+, but I haven't found the link to share it in Blogs. 
However it is easy to add videos both from your own computer and Tutobe.

You can start Powtoons from here:


After click the 'start', chose what you want to create.


Then choose a style you want.


You can use any of the slides, as many as you want.


Edit literature, add pictures and videos. Quite easy.

Finally, you can share it on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

Can't wait? Just have a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment